Monday, April 23, 2018

Old Romance Authors Never Die...

I found an alphabetical list of phrases for people of assorted professions who never die. I am sure you've seen these on bumper stickers:

OLD TEACHERS never die, they just lose their class.

OLD MUSICIANS never die, they just decompose.

OLD BOWLERS never die, they just end up in the gutter.


Click on the http://www.heroandvillain.com/pdf/NeverDie.pdf to see the entire list. Some of these make me laugh. However, I did not see authors or writers on the list--although I did see journalists.

In searching, I found another list http://www.jimpoz.com/jokes/oldNeverDie.html which is delightful as well, but again there are no writers or authors.

So I propose a special category for romance authors.

Old Romance Authors never die, they just live happily ever after.

What do you think? Can you suggest a better one for old romance authors. We are a special breed. :^)

5 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Haa Haaa! Good one!
eastier 1378

Rose Anderson said...

The title caught my eye. I'm an old romance writer! Cute post Penelope.
:)
Rose

Penelope Marzec said...

Rose,

Glad you enjoyed it!

Katie O'Sullivan said...

I can't think of any but the post made me smile ;-)

Penelope Marzec said...

Katie,

Thanks for reading! A smile is good. :^)